Sunday 6 April 2014

Swans

After worship and our congregation's Lenten Lunch today, Beth and I went to the Aylmer Wildlife Area (just behind the Ontario Police College) to see the arctic swans that flock there every spring on their way north. The numbers were not as high as other times but it sure looked like a lot of swans to me!

I took some photos and Beth took better ones. She's a talented photographer and I simply point and click. I'd like to share some of them with you. I can't comment much since I know so little about swans and birds in general, but I found the feathered vista wonderful.





Taken without the telephoto effect; this is how far away the observation area is from the birds.



The far side of the pond was still frozen!

A short video of the swans flying.




For all of you who are familiar with these sights, just take this as a refresher. For those reading this in further away places, I just wanted to show you the beauty around where I live that I often don't appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment