Friday 10 June 2011

Greetings from Sick Bay

Not really. I've been suffering from a nasty respiratory malady for a few days, and I'm done no gaming and very little painting. (I almost lost my voice which is a real  problem in my line of work.) So I'm going down "Memory Lane" and sharing some old painting I enjoyed doing.

From Copplestone Castings, Captain Spaulding and Alan Quartermain.
The Quartermain fig was a special one year at Historicon.
The Captain is always a favourite!



The Gentleman's cyber-Gentleman... in brown shoes. (Copplestone)


Pulp Miniatures' "The Shadowy Avenger" (*wink, wink*)
Knowing what evil lurks in the hearts of men and that the weed of crime
bears bitter fruit.

When I played WFB, I tried to run the Black Company as a mercenary regiment.
Lots of simple head swops

Arthur, King of the Britons for my wife's Arthurian Warmaster army.
(Copplestone and Pendragon minis)


My "Mercenary Brigade" for an Empire Warmaster army -
the Red Death Legion, the Wild Geese, the Hochmeister Regiment, and...
The Black Company. (GW Warmaster figs)


Some ECW/TYW regiments using a variation on GW's Warmaster
(Pendragon and Old Glory 10's mixed)

Grenadier Barbarians working as Chaos Marauders with a sprinkling of
GW Chaos Marauders as "advisors".  I was always impressed with 
Grenadier Models product. I think they are still moulded in Italy.


Napoleonics! My wife's Italians face my Austrians. A mixed bag of figures
on both sides.

A horrible "phone photo" of part of my Gallic army for WAB. Talk about
Chaos! But they're SO much fun!


A brigade of my SYW Russians face down my wife's Bavarian hussars.
The Cossacks will probably not do much to help. (Freikorp 15's and Essex)


2 comments:

  1. where did you get the Quartermain figure from??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a "freebe" at Historicon about 10-12 years ago. It really is a nice figure.

      Delete